[meteorite-list] NWA 001 question

From: Dan Furlan <danfurlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:50:26 -0400

I just bought a "half stone" of NWA 001 and not thinking because i was
desperate to get more if i acted in haste and didn't question anything
about it..but i just realized something it only wieghs 16 grams..
isn't NWA 001 all cut up and from a 1.2 kg single piece.. my friend is
the one who classified it and i checked with him and he said as far as
he knows no other pieces have been found of it just the original 1.2kg
piece.. so can anybody tell me if it is possible to have a half stone
NWA 001 that weighs 16 grams??? any information about this that could
help me as the person i am dealing with is an IMCA member and makes me
wonder about its legitimacy.. i could be wrong but it doesn't make
sense to me with the information i have right now.. any feedback would
be appreciated.
Daniel Furlan
collector and dealer