[meteorite-list] regarding post of NWA 001 question PLUS carelessIMCA member

From: Dan Furlan <danfurlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:08:21 -0400

Who is dragging you into anything you are the one who started this..
im the one who got ripped off not you.. you are the one who chose to
call it ironic that this happend at the same time i re-applied.. i had
no problems keeping my personal business personal but you seemed to
have the need to bring it up in public for no reason and you could of
asked me for some facts which i have provided you with off the list...
before trying to discredit me and my good name you could of simply
emailed me off the list but you chose to respond in an unprofessional
manner .. not very professional behavior from the Vice President of
IMCA.. it is very serious when there are people abusing their IMCA
memberships you and i both know i never abused anything and i decided
to stand behind my policy five years ago knowing full well that my
membership was going to be taken away, i chose to stand behind my
policy and that was my choice five years ago., me not getting my
membership and being treated poorly as well as unfairly is one thing..
but having people selling fakes is very serious and this is not
something new Jeff, IMCA has been aware for some time.. but now when
lab reports proof all the claims that have been made something is
being done... anyways i would like to inform everybody that Bryan
Scarborough has offered me a full refund and has provided me with good
customer service, this still does not justify his careless behavior
and i personally will never buy anything for him again or sell him
anything either. And i will let the people in the community decide
whether or not your post in response to my original post is
appropriate as i have done nothing wrong except bring up an issue of
getting ripped off I will continue to defend myself especially when
falsely accused by the vice president of IMCA of "possibly" making
this up and i will copy and paste your exact words so there is no
confusion and i quote you directly insinuating that i may be making
this stuff up because i am holding a grudge against IMCA quote: "I'm
wondering if this has something to do with you being removed from the IMCA
in the past and denied re-entry again last week? It would seem to me that
the timing is ironic. " those are your words not mine Jeff and you
phrased what you are trying to say very eloquently and i have provided
you with the information you needed to prove i am telling the truth
and i think you owe me an apology for bringing up my IMCA application
in public and i want to drop this issue i just dont want people to
think i am the bad guy in this whole ordeal, the only reason i am
knocking IMCA is because you insinuate i am a liar and you bring up my
business from five years ago in public to discredit me and my good
name and you mention my re-application which is a completely separate
issue and off topic.. and the reason you mention these things is to
say I am complaining about getting ripped off because i didn't get a
membership.. that doesn't make sense Jeff and maybe i am not
understanding your original post. But if you ask me you acted in
haste and responded to a serious post inappropriately and i am not
afraid to point out the facts and clear up any misunderstandings. As
we have cleared up most of this issue privately already i still feel
you need to make a public apology for insinuating things about me and
suggesting i may have ulterior motives in making a legitimate claim.
I am leaving the choice to you as i am done talking about this but i
will continue to defend myself if necessary.

Daniel Furlan
collector and Dealer