[meteorite-list] Metal? in a Hematite Nodule

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:48:15 -0700

Hi Bob!

Hematite usually has a non-metallic reddish appearance. Doesn't look
like metal at all to me! Sunburn, and weathering can change it's look
over time. Maybe there are geographic differences???
However, Hematite also occurs that appears metallic/silver often
called Specularite.
Both streak red.

Kind regards!

Jim