[meteorite-list] Meteor Crater Field Camp

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:26:26 -0400

Hi Ron and List,

What a great opportunity to get some up-close experience with the crater. :)

For those dealers who might think about this venture, keep this is
mind - for the majority of work involving the crater, one must usually
sign a paper promising to refrain from any private collection of
materials and no commercial selling of ANY specimens for a period of
2+ years. So, in other words, you have to give up dealing for a long
time afterwards.

I don't recall the exact length of the selling prohibition, but it was
measured in years, not months. Someone I knew was involved in
research work at the crater many years ago, and they had to sign such
paperwork.

It would be worth it, in my opinion. But I won't be beating a trail
to Arizona, because I have too much on my plate already.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com