[meteorite-list] "Man Finds Heart-Shaped Meteorite In Greeley" (Colorado)

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 20:55:02 -0500

Michael and friends,
The level of reporting on the channel 9 news link is appalling. I
looked up their source, Dr. Brunswig, and he's a professor of
archaeology. While certainly a noble profession, it's clear he's
uniformed about meteorites. Neither the TV station nor the newspaper
reporter bothered to say what he was a professor of. I know these
poorly-done reports come out all the time, but it irks me because I
work at a newspaper, and getting the facts right and phrasing the
information accurately matters so much. By the way, does anybody have
an idea what the rock really is?
Bob