[meteorite-list] Begaa

From: Don Giovanni <grigaro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 00:34:58 -1000

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can fill in some blanks about Begaa. It was popularly
bought and sold several years ago (and with good reason, gorgeous LL3!
Unofficially, anyways).

But I can't find any reference in the Meteoritical Bulletin. Not even as
a "synonym", so I'm thinking it must not be just a name-change deal,
NWA-xxxx, ect. Eric Twelker's Meteorite Market online site offers a
tantalizing tidbit, "It was reportedly bypassed by the scientific
community because of disputes with the finders". It was found in 1999, so
there has surely been more than enough time for this to be officially
recognized, if it was ever going to be. And a quick search of the
met-list archives showed a number of sale-postings, but not the story I'm
looking for, unless I missed something. Same with a google search.

Can any listers can offer any insights as far as the "untold story" on
this beauty? Juicy gossip preferred. :)

DG