[meteorite-list] Why are Carbonado stones not on the Meteoritical Bulletin Database

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers
?
This has always interested me and am wondering why Carbonado black diamonds from space aren't meteorites? Or are they, but not posted on the Meteoritical Bulletin Database.
?
Why I ask is I read everywhere that?the Cardonado?came from an asteroid that slammed?into Earth. Not long ago a 59 caret Cardonado sold at auction. Here's the details of the auction.....
?
Lot No: 3200

Large Carbonado ? A Black Diamond from Space
?
Brazil or Central African Republic

The rarest and hardest diamonds on Earth are carbonados from outer space. Most carbonado black diamonds recovered have been rather small, weighing 3 carats or less. This shiny black and green stone is an exception, weighing 59.25 carats. Carbonados do not resemble any other diamonds on Earth because they were created by an exploding star before the formation of our solar system and delivered to Earth by an asteroid over two billion years ago. The present specimen is completely original with some reflectivity of individual crystals within the complete mass. It is both beautiful and exceptionally large. Carbonados are older than any other rocks found on Earth.

Measures 27mm x 17mm x 15mm, Weighs 59.25ct

Sold for $5,124 inclusive of Buyer's Premium
?
http://www.bonhams.com/eur/auction/19371/lot/3200/
?
Now if this is true and they came from an?asteroid wouldnt they be on the Meteoritical Bulletin Database?
?
Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore