[meteorite-list] Moon Dust

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:30:28 -0400

Hi Paul and List,

I am still amazed at how many people believe the Moon landings were
fake. I don't want to open the debate again, but there is one key
fact that the conspiracy nuts overlook :

PEOPLE CANNOT KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT.

Let's put aside the scientific and technological arguments for a
moment and consider the human side of the story.

Besides the astronauts and NASA personnel involved, there were many
thousands of contractors, sub-contractors, family members, and friends
involved in the Apollo program. Are we to seriously believe that
thousands of people could keep a secret of this magnitude for over
four decades? Heck, one person can't keep a secret for 10 minutes,
less yet thousands of people for over forty years. It's downright
silly. And I lose all intellectual respect for someone when they
start parroting this lunar conspiracy carp.

I believe our government is fully capable of (and willing) to lie to
us about important issues, but I have no faith that human beings can
keep a secret for any length of time, especially a secret of this
scale that would involve thousands of people keeping their mouths
shut.

If anyone reading this believes in this conspiracy, please keep your
replies to yourself and don't bother emailing me - I will only lose
respect for you and I will not be swayed.

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/42h79my