[meteorite-list] Moon Dust

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:37:17 -0400

Hi Steve, Phil, List,

This is an incredible waste of taxpayer funds. I wonder how many tens
of thousands of dollars these investigations cost? Is it really worth
a ton of public money to recover a few milligrams of lunar dust?
Afterall, NASA has kilos of this stuff under lock and key. It's not
like science is suffering because someone is offering a piece of dusty
tape on auction.

This is yet another example of government idiocy, backwards
priorities, and frivolous spending of taxpayer money. The agents
involved should be ashamed of themselves and they should spend their
time looking for real criminals.

I'd love to have some of Florian's tape, and if I will buy some if I
can ever afford it. And I invite the feds to come and try to take it.
 Notice I said "try", because it will take a Seal Team to retrieve it
from my possession. ;)

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com