[meteorite-list] Something Different (ad)

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 13:26:06 -0700

OK,

        Let's have a little fun...

        Here is an interesting situation:

A woman contacted me wanting to sell a couple of NWA meteorites.
She had married a Bedouin and someone in the tribe had
Asked her to bring these two whole stones back and sell
them for the tribe.

        She thought they were worth a great deal, but I assured her the
Unidentified specimen was worth cents per gram, not dollars per
Gram but that the identified, named specimen, NWA 6852, an LL6
Was worth much more than the unidentified one, though both of them
Look nice.

        I offered them on sale for good prices, but they did not sell. So,
I decided to auction them to the list starting at rock bottom (pun
Intended) prices. These are far lower prices than I have seen in
Tucson in several years:

1.16Kg whold stone, unidentified NWA.
I bid $150- as I am certain I can make a proffit on eBay at so low
A price - or just keep it, myself, at that price.
Each bid after that will be in increments of $25. So, anyone who
offers $175 has the piece unless someone outbids them at $200-,
etc.

951.48g NWA 6852 (LL6)
        The identifying scientist made a low ball bid on this, himself. It
Has a small slice removed for the reference specimen, but the small
End piece is included with the whole stone. It can be had starting at
$650- (Just try to get any LL at that price)
Each bid after that will be in increments of $25.
Anyone who bids $650- can only be outbid with a bid of $675-
Etc.

        Bidding will close in about 57 hrs, at 10:30 PM Pacific Daylight
time, Monday night, June 27.

Buyer pays shipping and insurance.

Submit bids off list.

Both specimens can be seen at: