[meteorite-list] 80th Anniversary of the arrival of a Green Alien from Space!

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:19:34 -0400

Norm you tektite trailblazer! Glad Africa hasn't swallowed you up!
Thanks for the comments referring to me -- You made my day with that
uplifting surprise - if you only knew what was on our plate you'd
appreciate how perfect a gesture it was. Now, I wonder if you wanted a
three-stone green piece of jewelry made for a special occasion.
Obviously the finest emeralds would go around the border as filler
support to frame the pi?ce de r?sistance, but, would a moldavite
(exquisitely sculpted) or a diogenite (a finely impact-pressed
Tatahouine of course) be the centerpiece bolstered by the others?

Interesting you posted the times for the romantics among us: Note to
those who want a meteorite which fell on a particular anniversary date
- but can't get one. A day earlier or later may actually be your
special date depending where in the world it fell!

Yes, we should celebrate all the June/July diogenite birthdays and
above all Tatahouine! Here's my contribution from the best time of my
life - carpe diem to all !!! If only that night could have lasted
forever ...

http://www.diogenite.com/dio.htm

Diogenetically yours in stone
Doug