[meteorite-list] Stones with High Troilite, Low Metal

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:15:16 -0400

Hi Laurence

Sulfur stinky yes, I don't think R chondrites are considered troilite
rich - are they not comparatively troilite poor? That's why I asked why
he wasn't after pentlandite (and pyrrhotite) as well. The question is
pretty useless trivia without more information about what the asker is
after ... , Sulfur (check), Sulfides (check), Low free metals,
terrestrial weathering, different alterations, they are all bundled up
together. I mean, R chondrites are loaded with metal but it was
oxidized after the formation, right? Considering, they are quite
troilite poor unless the objective is sulfur-rich meteorites and not
after troilite after all... maybe perhaps who knows

Best Doug
(Thinking of Mrs. Pennyfeather now!)