[meteorite-list] NASA & Dept. of Defense

From: Becky and Kirk <bandk_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:04:46 -0500

In fact, NASA already IS part of the Dept. of Defense. With a quick check of
NASA's charter, it clearly defines that NASA operates "officially" under
Dept. of Defense jurisdiction.

If you will recall, remember all of the Shuttle DOD missions flown during
the 1980's. These were all missions flown strictly under a high security
cloak, with most of these missions releasing classified military satellites.

Kirk....:-)