[meteorite-list] trips to the Moon (Moon bases and meteoriterecovery)

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:39:35 -0400

"Just get out your list of humans killed by being struck by a meteorite"

Sterling, surely we need to define a new concept here - that of the
"virgin meteorite" strike. Or been struck by the meteorite that's
around been around the block a few times assisted by postal services.

I have a long list of humans that have lost their lives to meteorites
which I also appear upon.

Now, this would make a good episode for one of the CSI's, Numb3rs,
etc.; They just love finding microbes, insects and other organisms in
cadavers, but for some strange reason they haven't stumbled upon a
meteorite wielding perp knocking someone off with a meteorite. Think of
all they could impress us with talking about densities, impacts on the
body, isotope analysis and ultimately tracing provenance to some dealer
using the meteorite in lieu of DNA; put him in the one-way glass room -
"I cannot give up my customer list - it would put my reputation in
ruin". Motives becomes intertwined, suspicious guys are crawling out of
the woodwork clutching their meteorites; and finally the meteorite list
comes to the rescue by tar and feathering one unexpected suspect
without due process and forcing a confession after he becomes
despondent because of the loss of the ability to get good deals by
trading and selling to other collectors.

Back to your numbers, nice job (well, within theoretical error)! Glad
to see you posts!

Kindest wishes
Doug