[meteorite-list] Buyers BEWARE!!!! *** update ***

From: Dan Furlan <danfurlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:01:22 -0400

Dear Sir,
The seller still never checked the items before he re-sold them, yes
this is an honest mistake but very irresponsible and he sold hundreds
of these mounts with the incorrect weight and the people who bought
them paid triple the price of what they are worth retail.. If i was
him, i would of done exactly what I did today upon receiving the items
and bust a few of the mounts open and actually weigh the specimens
before selling hundreds of them.. And if i didn't own a scale i would
put it on the top of my shopping list ASAP especially before selling
any lunar material with weights in the milligrams. I don't feel i
dragged anybody through the dirt, all i did was report that he was
selling 24mg mounts that actually weighed 7-10mg. thanks to me he is
able to correct this mistake and hopefully he learns a lesson.
Furthermore people from met-list who may have purchased these mounts
can seek resolution as well. I cannot stress the importance of double
checking anything you buy to re-sell or even for personal collection.
I am sorry we do not see eye to eye on this. How would you like to
buy something that has a certain weight associated with it and when
you check it yourself you realize that the reason it weighs 2 thirds
less then the stated weight is because the seller never bothered to
weigh it?? If you wouldn't be slightly disappointed then I am sorry to
say there is something fundamentally wrong with you. I am not here to
baby sit sellers and understand their mistakes, I am here to do
business with professionals who i can trust will deliver on their
word. Like i mentioned in my previous update i am happy to see this
seller take action and revise his listings and offer resolutions. I
do not regret making my original post one bit because there are
hundreds of people out there who purchased lunar and mars material for
top dollar and didn't get what they paid for and they are entitled to
know about it. You may think I was being inconsiderate by making the
original post but in reality i was being responsible to my fellow
meteorite collectors and dealers who may have purchased these mounts
in the past assuming the weight was correct as well as any potential
buyers who had active bids on them as well. This is the price you pay
when you do business and mess up.. I am a very trusting person, and i
believe what people tell me.. but when i spend a lot of money on
something i wish to re-sell I will guarantee you 100% I am going to
double check everything to make sure it's is o.k. before i put it on
the market with my name on it.
Daniel Furlan