[meteorite-list] [2] trips to the Moon (Moon bases and meteoriterecovery)

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:46:41 -0400

Never mind - the light bulb on my shoulders and brightened up. I said
we would find it written in stone and you said no Trojans were known.
You meant that there is no guarantee we'll find anything there without
bias, right, but my premise assumes that material is there.

Yup, but as missions go, I think it is just about the best risk out
there, and certainly among the cheapest. Besides, a mission there could
serve a dual purpose to evaluate the region for colonization, staging
or to otherwise utilize its unique attributes. After 3.5 billion years
I figure no matter how much the cometary brooms and things have whisked
it out, there is bound to be plenty of dirt behind the refrigerator.

Kindest wishes and thanks
Doug