[meteorite-list] Meteorite Cards SUGGESTION

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 01:33:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Shawn and anyone else pondering this question.
I'd suggest you consider using a Fine Art paper. There are plenty made for inkjet printers now. You can buy a few sample packs for only a few dollars each and see if there are any that match what you want in you card's paper.

I'd suggest that higher quality/value specimens may deserve a higher quality paper. Fine art papers will probably be archival too, so very long provenance can be considered.

Look for papers that have a high Grams per Square Meter (GSM). I'm guessing you'd like something above 300 GSM.

I'm sure there are people more expert in this area than I am.
Samples can be found on the Adorama website. I've been using them since the 80's. A search of Fine Art papers is here:

http://tinyurl.com/6xxuct7

A few more are on page one as well.

Hope this helps.

--