[meteorite-list] CI1 meteorites and cyanobacteria

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 00:08:10 -0500

The first time that NASA announced they found fossils in a Martian
meteorite, I sort of half-believed them what with the Presidential news
conference and all. Then the same people make the same announcement to
little fanfare. Intrigued, I looked into the literature on magnetotactic
nano bacteria and the geology of pseudo-fossils. After hearing what Marc has
to say I can only arrive at the conclusion that Dr. MacKay, Dr. Hoover and
that guy who sees blood vessels in Martian iron meteorites (that look
suspiciously like Gibeon) are all suffering from advanced cases of
pareidolia.