[meteorite-list] Help with Ebay bidding

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 10:14:37 EST

Jason>>Hello All,
I'd like to point out a few things.

First and foremost is that we are meteorite collectors. Collectors.
What does that mean? It means that for some irrational reason, we
have all decided that it is a worthwhile endeavor to spend our
hard-earned money on chunks of rock that happen to be a little
different than the more easily available ones that have originated on
earth. We buy them because we consider them to be 'interesting' or
'pretty,' and that's about it......>>

Everything Jason said in the complete post I agree with. A month or two
ago I was looking some of these thin slices over on ebay and was immediately
turned off by not knowing what the weights were. I felt like I was being
told that the naked emperor's "new clothes" covered him up nicely.
GeoZay