[meteorite-list] Earth Rocks! (Was: Help with Ebay bidding)

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:45:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jason and Listers.....

Jason said
[Perhaps modern art, most of all...something I'll
never waste money on ; ]

Really? Come on.... JK :)....?I was at the Phillips de Pury & Company Under The Influence auction today were I got to see Stephen Colbert try to get people to bid more on a ink jet portrait of himself which at one time was worth nothing. But then Shepard Fairy and Andres Serrano went on his show and tagged up the inkjet print and re contextualized it and it sold for $26,000. But thats not the kicker whats the kicker is a painting called BIRD SHIT which looked like bird shit up and down the painting sold for around $50,000. Thats some shitty art might I add. And lastly to keep the PC for Meteorite Central there was a painting I saw that looked like a meteorite at the viewing house.
?
http://photos.liveauctioneers.com/houses/resize/phillipsdepury/24158/0134_1_160_180.jpg
?
and for those that want to see the BIRD SHIT painting here is the link
?
http://www.modernedition.com/art-articles/unusual-mediums/unusual-art/dan-colen-bird-shit.jpg
?
?
Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore
http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html

[meteorite-list] Earth Rocks! (Was: Help with Ebay bidding)
Jason Utas meteoritekid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 04:54:59 EST 2011

Hello Eric, All,

I didn't forget it; I cut it out of my first paragraph. Whether or
not the matter itself is the same age, if one is paying $850/g for a
thick slice of a lunar meteorite or $1000/g for a thinner one, the
prices are still relative to each other, and the fact that the atoms
themselves were created in the supernova that created our solar system
is..a moot point. This was about the thickness of meteorite slices
and desirability/pricing, no?

I get what you're saying, and I agree with it, but I don't really get
how it pertains to this discussion.

That point would be relevant to a conversation about the irrationality
of high monetary values assigned to anything without real
practical/utilitarian value, but...that applies to all meteorites,
thick or thin. [meteorite-list] Earth Rocks! (Was: Help with Ebay bidding)
Jason Utas meteoritekid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 04:54:59 EST 2011