[meteorite-list] wire saw cost

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:31:19 -0500

Judging from everything I have heard, from several different people
with experience, cutting irons seems like a major PITA. I have the
utmost respect for those who specialize in cutting and preparing
irons. Taking into account the time, labor, and expense, it's amazing
that anyone even bothers with cutting irons. I don't see how a person
could make a profit (or break even) cutting most irons. Like Marcin
said earlier, who the heck is going to slice up a big Campo? The
resulting slices wouldn't pay for the destroyed blades/wire and many
hours of labor.

For folks like Mike Miller and Mirko Graul, who prepare gorgeous iron
slices - my hat is off to you. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com