[meteorite-list] Meteorite Caused the Daytona Beach Rogue Wavein1992?

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:25:58 +1100

Hi Mike, Chris, List,

Personally I think Chris hit the nail on the head when he said "But
realistically, a 10 meter object that was moving at hypervelocity all the
way to the sea, and near shore, would have produced a massive fireball,
rivaling the Sun, would have left a long lasting dust debris train, and
would have been witnessed by thousands of people."

I'd assume that a large event like that would have also shown up all all
sorts of monitoring points from satellites and/or radar to seismic stations
too.

Cheers,

Jeff