[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of Day - March 16, 2011

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:31:05 +0100

> Congratulations Dr Mignon on your acquisition of a beautiful specimen of
> Sikhote Alin. The label I would interpret as 0098 because the lower
> loop of the number 8 type is usually larger than the upper one in
> typewriters during that time period, even if it does not jive with....

I concur with your argument, Gary! It also makes sense on the grounds that the label is placed on the meteorite in such a way that you can read the number more comfortably this way than turning the meteorite and reading the number the other way around...

But your argument with loopsizes for the "8" is still stronger! :-)

Alex