[meteorite-list] OT: RISKS OF NUCLEAR POWER

From: Dennis Miller <astroroks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:00:22 -0500

Wind turbines, (1mega watt each) would need millions of them and they only work when the wind is between 8 and 38 MPH.
The Audubon Society hates them for killing migratory and predatory birds...
Solar, is just that, no storage for the power and only works when the sun is shining. The State land use committees hate
them because they take a lot of land and are ugly....
Hydroelectric, Great when you have the available water and it is not interfering with protected fish. That these rivers
remain navigable and the spawning is not interrupted.
Hey, if they can make a small portable Nuke plant, like the ones on our Nuclear fleet, then they sure should be able
to make small nuke plants that would be safe and built in a controlled environment. The USS Ronald Reagan that
is just off shore Japan is powered by a 250 MW Westinghouse nuke plant... Needs refueling every 20 years.
Dennis O'Miller