[meteorite-list] Mayanites- a New Tektite Strewnfield

From: U.S. Airborne <ontheroad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:31:54 -0700

 Hi Brian That is quite interesting news about a new tektite strewnfield up
by Chaa creek there on the western edge of Belize. Mick the owner of Chaa
Creek resort is a good friend and one of my aircraft buyers there in Belize.
I have to fly down to Belize in a month of so and will be up at Maya flats
airpark & Chaa creek. So I really hope I get some spare time to hunt this
area. I do have hundreds of Aerial photos of this area of Belize . So if
you would like to see any just ask. Lots of great pics of the newer maya
digs on the Boarder with Guatemala.
please keep us up to date on your Belize hunting adventures. Maybe you
should take me with you on the next trip so we could do some flights with
video & pics over the area. lots of jungle out that way.

 here is the link to Micks web site
http://www.chaacreek.com/belize-travel-blog/2010/09/a-new-tektite-strewn-field-discovered-in-western-belize/

I do have a Qs for you Are there any web site you know of out there that may
have info on maya digs that have tektites' in the maya ruins ? I have found
some found in Tikal not to far from western Belize.

I have been all over Chaa creek on horse back and all of the hills & jungles
around it are all Maya ruins covered by jungle growth . But Mick cant do any
digs on his own land or the Belize government can seize his land for doing
so.

 Have fun down there in Belize.

Scott Johnson
U.S. AirBorne Sport Aviation LLC