[meteorite-list] OT Radiation Dose Chart

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 02:06:37 -0500

Humanity has believed in evil spirits pretty
much forever, for 400-500 centuries. Then, a
few centuries ago, some odd Europeans pop
up and assert, with evidence, that the world
is rational, perceptible and understandable?

Yeah, that's going to make a big impression
on the human unconscious...

As for radiation, it's a perfect fit for evil spirits:
invisible, imperceptible, and deadly; it's the
epitome of Bad Mojo.

And in certain East Asian cultures who
traditionally believe in evil spirits, all the
doorways have right-angle baffles set up so
that no line-of-sight can pass through.

Why? Because evil spirits, devils, demons and
such can only travel in a STRAIGHT line -- like
radiation.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme...

Sterling K. Webb