[meteorite-list] Congrats to Regine Peterson on her first Meteoritefind!

From: Regine Petersen <fips_bruno_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:13:08 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks to all of you and especially to Ruben and Twink who took me out there and guided me. It was very lovely that they invited me to hunt with them, and Ruben pointed me into the right direction, otherwise I probably wouldn't have found any. It was much fun!

And it IS bloody gorgeous. Here are a couple more pictures. I like the first one, because you can barely see the meteorite, and it looks like I'm happy finding a GPS.

https://picasaweb.google.com/regine.petersen/Holbrook22032011?authkey=Gv1sRgCKvLsMqK17OApQE#

On my way back to Oracle I saw a small green fireball tumbling down in the night sky. It was ahead of me on Highway 77 at mile 109 and it was between 9.55 and 10 pm. It looked a bit like a firework that has gone wrong, as it just fell at a 20 degree angle to the east (from my point of view), and went dark. I could tell you more if I was able to locate myself on the map..

I was a lucky girl yesterday.

Congrats to Jim also!
Regine