[meteorite-list] Picasso Stone - A odd CV3

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:29:07 +0100

Hi
>From january I have small rumuruti fragment, without crust, sandblasted, so
ugly, so I have no time to cut it or even describe and add to my inventory.
Just specimen that when I see, I ask myself why the hell I bough it :D

But, to my surprise, ugly duck become a not bad swan.

After I remove first endpiece from saw I was stunned how colorfull it is
inside and, .... it cant be a R-type. Finally looks like its just colorfully
weathered CV3 chondrite, simply Picasso stone. It was much more colorfull
and nice when it was wet. All colors was much deeper. Grey-orange matrix
with purple chondrules and white CAI, wow :)

Too bad I have only 50g
Specimen have some very little iron but its practicaly not magnetic

http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/P0024823.JPG - full polished
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/P0024824.JPG - half polished
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/P0024825.JPG - grinded on 300 grid flat lap
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/P0024826.JPG