[meteorite-list] Free Lecture on iTunes by the author of Fallen Sky

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:34:58 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Mike.

I wanted to point out in addition to this lecture, part of the Steward Observatory series at the University of Arizona, there are a number of other lectures available in iTunesU section of the iTunes Store. All are free. There are several or quite a few that maybe be of interest to readers of this list. We just recently ended a annual series of lectures, this year it is "Cosmic Origins".

In addition to the Steward lectures there are also public lectures from where I work, the Lunar & Planetary Lab. In that series you can find a lecture by Dante Lauretta about our proposed Carbonaceous Asteroid sample return mission, Osiris-REX; Jay Melosh talking about impacts; One by our PI, Ed Beshore about our program, the Catalina Sky Survey, and many others.

For those of you with iTunes, click on the iTunes U link at the top when you are in the store and search on Steward, LPL, or just University of Arizona.

For those without iTunes, I'd recommend installing it just for the access to the lectures, not to mention all the other free content they offer. iTunes is free too...

Unfortunately I know of no way to get these without using iTunes.

Cheers

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography