[meteorite-list] Thanks for the OK Fireball well-wishes

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 20:56:04 -0700 (PDT)

Greg, Rob, and all the many others,

? Thanks to everyone for all the well-wishes for all the hunters working the OK fireball. I also want to give a special thanks to Rob Matson for his work with the radar data. And, Greg, as you mentioned, even though we three decided to return home tonight (hey, its only a 5 hr drive from my home) without any stones in hand, we DID have a fun time. It was great seeing old friends again such as Todd, Dave, Jack, Karl and of course, the "safe-at-home" Mike and Robert. ( Those are the only hunters I ran into personally.)? A special thanks to Todd and Robert for the "six-pack-of-refreshments" for my son Rob, and my hunting partner,Jerry and me!?

? Yesterday was a perfect meteorite hunting day, with beautiful, short-sleeve weather and very nice landowners who graciously let us hunt every piece of land we asked about. Not one turn down. One landowner gave us permission to hunt her pasture, but warned us of the 3 horses on it, saying she wouldn't want them to kick us ( we wouldn't have wanted them too, either ;-)? We told her we would keep or eyes on them ( but we really thought they wouldn't be a problem.) We were wrong. As we started our hunt, on the FAR side of the pasture from them, they all 3 came charging over toward us. They were rearing their heads up and down, running quickly right up next to us off-and-on again and again, and even kicking up their hind legs very close to us. Fortunately, since we had just started our hunt, we were still close to the fence line, so we were able to quickly make our way to a gate and scramble over it out of the pasture. The horses kept up their threatening
 charges and kicking as we made our way down the length of the fence to our car. If we had stayed in the pasture, I do believe they would have ended up kicking us.

 We awoke to very different weather conditions this morning. Completely cloudy skies, a very light and brief mist/drizzle, and worst of all, a BITTER cold North wind. The air temp was 41 F, but the wind chill had to be near freezing.

? The GREAT majority of fields in the area, perhaps 70-90%(???), are covered in 6-inch tall winter wheat. That was very disappointing to see, and wiped out a huge portion of any potential strewnfield.?

? ? To all those still in the area giving it their all, the absolute BEST of luck in finding pieces!?

? Sincerely,
? Robert Woolard