[meteorite-list] OT Dormant Volcano in Brazil

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:22:25 -0400

List,
This may be off topic but ,check out slide number 32. It looks like one of Tom Phillips micrographs of a giant chondrule in plain polarized light.
Too bad we don't get to see it with crossed nicols.

> In the south of Brazil there is a dormant volcano that has
> always
> captured the interest of adventure-loving people. If you
> are one of
>
> them but think it is too far to travel and join them or
> else if you see
>
> that your level of both financial and physical fitness do
> not allow
>
> Such adventure, then sit back, relax and watch this amazing
> trip
>
> inside earth.
>

> Beware, do not ever think you are one of the first
> stepping into this
>
> amazing inner river, pools, stalactites and stalagmites.
>

> There are traces of man being there thousands of years ago.

http://cid-67758f45b7ca3b3f.office.live.com/view.aspx/%E6%96%B0%E8%BF%91%E6%94%B6%E8%97%8F%E4%BB%96%E4%BA%BAPPS/cavernoso.pps

Enjoy.
Carl