[meteorite-list] Fireball question / sonic boom

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:03:57 +0000

Hello Sonny, Steve, and List,

Steve: "with Park Forest there were sonic booms reported by many in the area"

Meteor blazes path to Park Forest (by Joseph Sjostrom and Nancy
Ryan - Tribune staff reporters) - March 27, 2003, 1:20 PM CST:

"... Garza said he was in bed when he heard his
 dog barking and what sounded like *thunder*."

"We all heard a *sound* about two minutes after. It was like a *sonic boom*."

Best wishes from the happy owner of five gorgeous Park Forest
meteorites, all of which were kindly given to me by Steve Witt
and are, of course, still in my collection where they will stay
for good! Steve, thank you once again for these beauties!

Bernd