[meteorite-list] Sonic Boom

From: fallingfusion at wi.rr.com <fallingfusion_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 02:28:04 +0000

Hello Sonny and Listmembers,

Interesting. Perhaps the sound waves travel around the epicenter (anything located directly beneath) as they move towards the ground. I imagine circular rings moving expanding in an outward direction as they travel to the Earths surface. The higher the altitude of breakup, the larger the rings will be when they "touch down"... and the further away one must be from the center to actually hear the sonic booms. This is just a guess.
Anyone with more knowledge care to elaborate on this hypothesis?

Ryan

Sent on the Sprint? Now Network from my BlackBerry?