[meteorite-list] copyright questions - newspaper articles &correspondence

From: Don Merchant <dmerchan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 17:49:54 -0500

Hi Arnaud. I do not believe you would be breaking any laws here in the U.S.
In other countries I am not sure, but I believe there may be some sort of
universal copyright laws that most countries follow. I do know that as long
as you are not selling the transcripts ect for profit and you give credit to
the author and using it in a educational purpose way then this is called by
Law... Fair Use. It is a law that allows anyone to use information,
pictures, music, without the need to contact the author for permission of
use. That of course means for its use MUST be non profit, educational
purposes and credit to the author. In your case Arnaud, it seems what you
want to do is very legal.
Here is a link about Fair Use law and at least here in the U.S you would be
fine.
Sincerely
Don Merchant
Founder-Cosmic Treasures Celestial Wonders
http://www.ctreasurescwonders.com/index.html
IMCA #0960