[meteorite-list] QUESTION- Al Mahbas

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 08:02:09 -0600

I submitted the Al Mahbas pallasite to Ted Bunch many years ago, like so many other meteorites that I submitted type specimens for, it vanished. I went to the strewn field and found pieces myself, there is a story about it on my website. It came out later under several different nwa numbers. should be called al mahbas as I confirmed the location by finding pieces myself before being chased away by Algerian border guards.
Sadly a nice and very rare pallasite was dumped into the nwa batch names.
Michael Farmr

Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPad