[meteorite-list] Bogus Specimens, IMCA membership, and honesty issues.

From: Don Merchant <dmerchan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 16:25:53 -0500

Hi List. Again for those Newbie Collectors and those who just want a
refresher course on understanding the in and outs and do's and don'ts of
collecting meteorites please check out my eBay Meteorite Info page on my
Website. (Link Below) Even though this page uses eBay as a pathway to
collecting meteorites it is also intended to make aware any collector of
meteorites, a way to protect yourself and monies when purchasing from any
Seller be it a Dealer or the "Weekend type Seller" This page was created
from my years of experience of collecting and selling meteorites and the
harsh lessons and mistakes I made along the way. There is something anyone
can learn or be reminded of on this page. Since we do not live in a perfect
world, mistakes do happen in Selling/Buying meteorites amongst Buyers and
Sellers. There is a difference between a mistake and a deliberate fraud. The
best defense is a great offence...educate yourself on who you deal with and
ALWAYS ask questions if concerned about a certain specimen or Seller/Dealer.
My Motto I use when buying meteorites is ...."If there is a single doubt, I
the Buyer will bow out".

eBay Meteorite Info page-
http://www.ctreasurescwonders.com/ebay_meteorite_info_b.html

Thank you.
Sincerely Don Merchant
Founder-Cosmic Treasures Celestial Wonders
http://www.ctreasurescwonders.com/index.html
IMCA #0960