[meteorite-list] Meteorite??? Trench Crater Created in family lawn NJ, USA 6MAY2011

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:31:22 -0700 (PDT)

This reminds me of when a petroleum pipeline burst in my brother, Greg's back
yard when he lived in Washington, State. It left an enormous crater and news
teams were all over it. The reporters looked as if they wished somebody would
have gotten hurt for a better story. The crater must have been 30 feet across.
Luckily, they were pressure testing the pipeline with water when it blew and
flooded out the entire neighborhood otherwise it would have been a volatile
mess. This same pipeline had blown a few years ago killing some kids playing in
a creek which caught on fire.

There are a lot of things that can cause craters besides meteorites.

Adam