[meteorite-list] Scam Artist - Joel Samson - FakeLunar Meteorites

From: al mitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 08:57:42 -0400

Hi Gary, Greg H., Chris and all,

Two names have come up recently as scammers. Joel Samson and Todd Parker. We
also know of another guy from the Chicago area that is a fraud. What I would
like to see is a list of people and companies that are known to be selling
fakes, mis-representing material and so forth. I am not talking about
someone who has made a mistake.

In order to qualify, the person or company in question would have to have
evidence that would support their efforts to be purposely doing something
wrong. I wouldn't want a witch hunt or dealers who don't like other dealers,
trying to put people on this list. I know this is probably going to open a
can of worms BUT it is important to know suspect con artists, frauds and
people and companies who are just not getting the fact we don't like our
collections messed up.

Does a list already exist? If not it sure would be nice to have one that
could be shared with the collecting community from time to time. Other input
appreciated.

--AL Mitterling