[meteorite-list] Question - meteorites returned from Moon

From: Laurence Garvie <lgarvie_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:06:42 -0700

A 1976 paper in Earth and Planetary Science Letters describes a unique chondrite (meteorite) returned from the Moon. The fragment measures 3 x 1.5 mm and shows some similarities with the CI meteorites.

McSween (1976) A new type of chondritic meteorite found in Lunar soil. Earth and Planetary Science Letter, 31, 193-199.

Laurence
CMS
ASU