[meteorite-list] noob questions

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:50:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ron and List,

I think the best tool in your kit is "lots of determination" as you mentioned. A
radiating circle is the best way after a find has been established. This same
approach works great for establishing American Civil War battlefields and
camps. It also works well in locating the main bulk of shipwrecks with items
strewn about over time.

A lot of hunters new to searching do not realize how much time is needed. A
generous amount of of patience is necessary with sometimes hundreds of hours of
effort expended between finds. It is not as easy as an Easter egg hunt as many
believe. I know someone who hunted for 7 years off and on until he found his
first cold find.

I wish you the best of luck and your odds are good with effort. If one find has
been made, I calculate an 83% chance that a pairing will be also be found. The
odds are much better with a recent fall.

Adam