[meteorite-list] non-magnetic meteorites?

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:22:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi David,

Not all meteorites respond to a magnet. You very well could have a lunar, or one of the other classifications that have little if any metal in their petrology. You'll need to have it cut and a sample examined by an expert. Your "meteor wrong" just might be a rarer example of a "meteor right".

Count Deiro
Imca 3536