[meteorite-list] Test your Meteorite Knowledge, Win a Free Assortment of Micromounts!

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:44:33 -0400

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the clarifications. Just when I think I am a smart cookie,
I find out that I don't know jack squat. LOL

So, I wonder what the modern finders of the Winona meteorite thought
when they dug it up? Did they know it was a meteorite at first? And
what other artifacts were found in that same hole (if any)?

This makes me wonder if Winona was a witnessed fall? Would the
indians have known that Winona was special and not just another rock,
unless they had seen it fall?

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galactic-Stone-Ironworks/218849894809686
\