[meteorite-list] Ad - New Possible Olivine Diogenite, Rare Types (CO3.3, OC3), Translucent Indochinite Silver Necklaces, and Announcements.

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 08:01:18 -0400

Hi Friends and Collectors!

I have just received some new meteorite specimens, and these include
some very rare types and achondrites. Before I get to them, don't
forget to use coupon code "metlist" at checkout to get a 20% discount
on your entire order. :)

First up is a very unusual meteorite - an unclassified and "possible"
olivine diogenite. What does this mean? It means this - these
samples were found in the same strewnfield as
NWA 5480 (a confirmed olivine diogenite), and I acquired them through
the same Moroccan source. These samples are identical in appearance,
texture and physical properties as NWA 5480. So for all intents and
purposes, these specimens are olivine diogenite, but this has not been
formally confirmed by lab analysis yet. Again though, let me
emphasize so there is no confusion - these specimens are unclassified,
but take a look at them yourself.

All of these samples have a polished face and natural unpolished side.

Unclassified "olivine diogenite" polished slice (2g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/unclassified-possible-olivine-diogenite-see-description-2g-slice

Unclassified "olivine diogenite" polished endcut (2g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/unclassified-possible-olivine-diogenite-see-description-1g-slice

Unclassified "olivine diogenite" polished endcut (2g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/unclassified-possible-olivine-diogenite-see-description-2g-endcut

Unclassified "olivine diogenite micromounts" -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/unclassified-possible-olivine-diogenite-see-description-2g-endcut-1

I am a type collector and I am always looking for unusual or scarce
types to fill holes in my collection. This week, I am offering a few
more of these.

NWA 4439 Carbonaceous chondrite CO3.3 -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-4439--rare-carbonaceous-co33-meteorite--micromounts

NWA 4294 Anomalous OC3 chondrite -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-4294--rare-oc3-meteorite-1-of-only-8-known--micromounts

Dhofar 700 diogenite -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/dhofar-700--fresh-orthopyroxene-diogenite-meteorite--micromounts

The same lapidary artist (Jason Borst) who made the meteorite pendants
in my store has created some translucent Indochinite pendants. These
are natural one side and polished on the other. Each pendant has
areas that show an other-worldly greenish glow when held up to the
light. I only have 3 of these left. Each one comes with a sterling
silver chain. Like the meteorite pendants, these are unisex and they
look great on male or female aliens. ;)

Indochinite Necklaces -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/indochinite-tektite-pendant-sterling-silver-chain-necklace

For more examples of Jason's expert work (including some stunning
Opals), see his website - http://www.opalandjasper.com/

See all of the new offerings and other choice specimens here -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/brand-new

Lastly, a few announcements :

1) I have a new storefront on Facebook. For you FB commandos out
there, you can now shop my entire inventory through the FB interface.
This application has a secure encrypted checkout and functions the
same as my website store. Even the coupon codes work. I post
exclusive discounts and freebie offers there that I won't post
anywhere else. So stop by and click "Like" to have a look -
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galactic-Stone-Ironworks-Meteorites/218849894809686

2) I have put together an old-school "Master Price List" for my
collection. This is a text-only document that shows everything in my
inventory and pricing. I did this so people can simply scroll down a
plain text list to see everything that is available. I will be
updating this price list regularly as my inventory changes. It is
available for download here -
http://files.buyitsellit.com/15508/master-price-list.rtf

3) My injured finger is still bandaged up, but I have gotten much
better at typing with a mooked-up digit. So if you emailed me in the
last 2 days and have not gotten a reply yet, you will hear from me
today as I catch up on my correspondences. If you ordered something
and have not gotten it yet, don't fear - all outstanding orders are
being mailed out today and tomorrow. I have a couple of orders
running a few days late, and if you are one of those buyers then
expect some extra bonus freebies in your package. :)

4) I would like to clear out some of these non-meteorite items that
have been sitting in my Clearance section for a while now. These
include some old newspapers and magazines from the 1960's that have
coverage of the historic Apollo missions, including the first lunar
landing. These are like a time capsule from that period and are chock
full of articles about Apollo, the Vietnam war, and other world events
from that period. The vintage car and consumer product advertisements
are also fun. Make me an offer on these items, and you'd be surprised
how far I will drop the price. Make an offer on the entire lot and I
will cut a steep discount -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/clearance-sale

5) Many of the provisionally-classified meteorites I have sold over
the last several months are now official. This includes NWA 6077,
which is now officially classified as a "ungrouped
achondrite/brachinite-like" and is likely paired with NWA 5400. If
you bought a provisional meteorite from me recently, check the
Meteoritical Bulletin database to see if it is official and update
your collection records.

If you have any problems with the coupon code or checkout, contact me
via email - meteoritemike at gmail.com

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com