[meteorite-list] Holbrook 99th anniversary Meteorite Hunt

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 11:44:27 -0700

Hi all,

July 19, 2011 will mark the 99th anniversary of the Holbrook fall.

In celebration of that monumental event I am considering leading a
hunt to the Holbrook strewn field ? of course this depends on how many
are interested. I am considering one day on the weekend (not both)
prior to the anniversary ? either July 16th or 17th. I am aware that
this close to July 4th weekend most people may be out of money but
it's worth a try.

Any and all are invited regardless of experience! If you are new to
meteorite hunting then this is your chance to meet at least one
professional meteorite hunter (who's found hundreds of Holbrook
meteorites)and learn. If you are experienced and would like to come
too, I would welcome the help, as there will likely be more beginners
than advanced hunters.

Typically when hunting the area I stay in the Motel 6 in Holbrook
where rooms are usually very inexpensive ($40-$50 per night)

Please contact me and let me know if you are interested in joining me.
It would be great to have a large turn out. After all, I get 100?s of
requests a year from people all over the country wanting to learn
about meteorite hunting.

Now is your chance!

Email and let me know if you are interested and which day works best:
MrMeteorite at gmail.com

--
Rock On!
Ruben Garcia