[meteorite-list] Potential Hypothetical Value?

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 07:33:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello List,

David asks....is there a "best" way?

You who are dealers would agree that shipping insured and registered, with signature required by recipient, leaves the best paper trail and chance of recovery. But, David goes on to torture the soul by asking, "What if the lost specimen turns out to HAVE BEEN (emphasis mine)a relatively rare and particularly valuable meteorite?" Well, David, who would know?

I have shipped jewelry, art work, rare coins, irreplaceable objects of virtue..and meteorites. Where I know the value and am willing to accept the inordinately expensive insurance, I declare a value and ship as above.

My aquaintances who are Hassidim diamond merchants lock a satchel to the wrist of a "shabbat goy" and send him on his way with a look to the heavens.

Best regards,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536