[meteorite-list] Taking a look inside a chondrite meteorite

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 17:42:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi Chris,

Try a Dremel "cut off blade" They are very thin and comes in 1" and 2' diameters. They are hard enough to cut metal and work on chondrites if you want to triangle out a piece. My Dremel grinding and polishing wheels don't have enough torque to bite into the material and they leave a residue.

If you have a marble, or granite counter top supplier, or installer near you they are usually very nice about cutting a rock for you. Polish them too.

Best regards,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536