[meteorite-list] Moroccan business meteorite is suffering

From: Said Haddany <mfcollecter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 15:12:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
the issue about the shortness of the material and also the high prices of meteorites in morocco has nothing to do with the world economy..
this is becuase even there was bad economy there were some meteorites that were sold at a very good price,,,This is not our issue ..
the problem we try to talk about is the reasons why prices of meteorites are going up recently in Morocco..
Not the Moroccan dealers who are the responsible of this,but the prices are way too high from the native suppliers who are Algerians or few Moroccan nomads ...US AND European and Moroccan dealers are complaining about this not only US or European dealers because we,moroccans,buy stones also from other people..We are all the same like you all in the market...
Lets go back to the reasons why the prices are too high,,
In Morocco we have some brokers who,have nothing to do with this business,jumped on the market and destroying the proper manner of buying and sellling ..They got on contact with some algerian via moroccan nomads and made a bad competition and they sometimes offered high prices to Algerian trying to overdominate the market and they make the suppliers or the finder keep dreaming with crazy prices ..
cheers
? Said Haddany