[meteorite-list] Taking a look inside a chondrite meteorite

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 16:06:53 -0700

Hi Count!
I have used the Dremel from the truck for a few years and it sure has
come in handy.
I have an inverter mounted in my truck that easily handles the Dremel
and it also handles a coffee pot where I can make coffee or heat up
water or whatever. The inverter is a solid investment in mobility.
I have a green wheel on a Darex grinder at home and with the cost of
savings (comparing to a diamond wheel, it does chondrites very good
and you just have to square it up now and then. I can buty several of
these for the price of one diamond wheel. I do have a horizontal
Diamond lap but seldom ever use it. I normally end up finishing with
wet/dry sand paper to about 1000 grit (in steps of course). I find it
soothing doing this by hand.
All toys are fun though, eh?

Jim Wooddell