[meteorite-list] NEW - Intriguing Ungrouped Achondrite - NWA 6704

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:23:42 -0400

Hi Greg and List,

Congratulations Greg. That is an unusual and interesting specimen for sure. :)

I have a layman's guess regarding the lack of fusion crust - perhaps
the crust was very thin and of the delicate variety. Over time,
sand-blasting and wind ablation caused the delicate crust to spall
away and become lost. Rough handling by the finders may have also
caused some of the surviving crust to fall off.

Based on visual appearance, it is safe to say that this stone has an
affinity with the diogenites?

Best regards,

MikeG
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galactic-Stone-Ironworks/218849894809686
\