[meteorite-list] New ungrouped achondrite - Ad

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 00:29:18 +0000

Hello List Members,

It appears that Greg Hupe?s new achondrite NWA 6707 is paired with our mass NWA 6693. Dr. Paul Warren stated, ?There is zero doubt that our NWA 6693 and Irving/Hupe's NWA 6704 are paired. It's an extremely distinctive material, and their description matches ours very closely, including the O isotopic composition?. When we first saw our piece (Patrick and I) we wondered where the rest of it went.

Patrick and I are offering pieces of our new ungrouped achondrite NWA 6693. This is an amazing meteorite like none other as it is made up of 70% pyroxene. Even though the gorgeous black fusion crust is almost completely blown away by the desert wind, the matrix is extremely fresh. Dr. Alan Rubin and Dr. Paul Warren of UCLA described this meteorite as ?enigmatic?. We are very excited to be able to offer this unique meteorite and we are offering pieces at a surprisingly, affordable, low price per gram. Please contact Patrick or myself off list for a quote or simply go to our web site.

Please check out our pictures and price of the so called ?pyroxenite? at our web site: http://www.etmeteorites.com/meteoritesforsale/nwa6693achondrite.html

Here is the link to the write-up on the Meteoritical Society database: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=53629

For institutions wanting to acquire a piece of this meteorite we are also considering making museum trades.

Cheers, Edwin

etmeteorites at hotmail.com for Edwin
or
Patrick at etmeteorites.com for Patrick